Friday, March 20, 2009

Where does he come up with this stuff??

Okay my last post poked fun at how un-funny my husband can be sometimes. This post highlights one of his more successful attempts at comedic expression.....at my expense of course. But it's still funny. This is Jeff's response to a friend's invitiation to go sparring this weekend. The friend is learning some new type of karate.....which by the way since when did sparring become such a casual weekend activity??? Hey guys, let's get together and beat the crap out of each other. Must be a man thing. Anyway...

Jeff - via email - "Does it cost anything? I am very cost conscious you know. I might be able to help you out. If you want to come over I can let Courtney beat the crap out of you for free! I found these attack words and phrases (like trainers use with dogs) that have worked well in the past to get Courtney to attack me...although I have to say I try and avoid saying them if at all possible."

My response: You are an ass, but that was pretty freaking hilarious. I'm still laughing so hard I'm crying.

Where does he come up with this stuff?? Maybe this explains while when playing the game "Imagine If," my husband said if I were a dog I'd be a Rottweiller. For the record - even though I am a purple belt in karate, I do not attack my husband (even though I really want to sometimes). I admit there may have been some claw swipes early on in the first 3 years of marriage, when things were so wonderfully horrible, but not anytime recently.

Just for laughs...Jeff said I'd be a Rottweiler, but the rest of his family said I'd be a French Poodle. Now IMAGINE THAT...me a french poodle. Well they're all wrong, if I was a dog I'd be an Alaskan Husky. DUHHH!

3 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Attack phrases like: "Courtney, where'd YOU put my keys?" or "Courtney, why did you hide the peanut butter?" I hear those type phrases can get you pretty wound up:)

Brooke said...

Sounds like you guys have such a playful relationship- I love it!

Still have my eyes peeled for Jackson overnight. I'm only working 2-3 trips a month, so it's tough to find them!

I can't wait to read some of your book- you're a great writer! :)

farmer john said...

well granddaughter,
you have done it now.. pretty soon you'll be as famous as another great Alaskan, SARAH!!