Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Musings

What do you do when it’s 75 degrees outside and you have:

1. 11 loads of laundry to finish
2. Dirty bathrooms that need to be scrubbed
3. One master bathroom in dire need of wallpaper and glue stripping
4. An unfinished dining room table that was only supposed to take 2 months to build
5. A redneck plywood tv shelf installed 3 weeks ago that really needs to be trimmed out and painted
6. A refridgerator that hasn’t been cleaned out in weeks
7. Dog hair everywhere
8. Bird poop all over your boat slip

Play of course! That’s what weekends are for right? Well technically we did work some…I mowed the yard and pulled about 6 gallons of weeds out of the front yard, and Jeff did some ministry work downtown Saturday while I attended a “Tea Party” fundraiser – no joke, then steamed and glued some wood for our dining room table. Other than that we visited with friends and neighbors, took the dogs running and watched several episodes of X-Files – of course! Oh and we also took my brother to see the Watchmen on Friday night. Not a bad movie, but I never want to see another big…blue…man - if you’ve seen the movie you’ll know what I’m talking about. Although I think my husband was more bothered by it than I. A GREAT way to spend the weekend if you ask me - save the blue man part.

For those of you that know me well, you understand that for me to leave the list above alone over the weekend (and longer than that on some of the items) only serves to prove that I am truly a recovering Type A Personality. In fact I just bought a shower curtain for one of our bathrooms last month, and we’ve been in our house nearly 3 months. Shocked? I kind of was too when I realized how long I’d let the shower stand bare.

My new motto – “Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulet” – Let the good times roll! Monsieur Rees would be proud – it’s about all I remember from his french class. Don’t expect me to become a complete slacker though – I mean there is a limit to my dirty/chaos/unfinished meter. I confess that I did tell Jeff sometime last week that if I had to look at our redneck tv shelf for one more month I was going to throw it and the tv out the window…or something to that affect.

So will I be running straight home from work today to tackle the list? Ummmmm no. I will be running to the store to pick up supplies for the Gourmet Bread Pudding with Whiskey Cream Sauce I’m making for my grandparents tonight. And then I intend to eat a very large bowl of that gourmet bread pudding while sitting on my lazy arse at my parent’s house. How’s that for rehabilitation?! I just wish my nose and eyes would stop itching from all of this pollen. As a good friend once said regarding this time of year, “It feels like the plants and trees are all having sex in my nose.”

On that akward (but you have to admit funny) note….happy Monday!

6 comments:

farmer john said...

well, granddaughter other than mispelling Fridge your latest is great. Type A huh? now where did you get that?
granny's dr visit today was routine. see you again in 2 mos. no med change no other directions.
we did discuss long term care ins and i am researching our coverage and trying to get forms for applying for some home health care. only problem is that it must be done by licensed pros. not sure i want to go there.

rebeccavalentine said...

hey there. i'm doing flowers in my parents basement. they have a better setup. yes, we are in the same place, but will be moving this may/june to who knows where. i haven't read all your blogs, but i saw you got a new doggie :) and he is having some tummy issues. we adopted baxter, and he had the same issues. it took probably six months to get regulated. but, our vet recommended eukanuba food. it helped him out a lot. i'd be enjoying the nice whether if we had it too! can't wait for spring :)

HappyascanB said...

What a good post!!! Love the to do list and love even more than you totally blew it off for a great weekend! I want the recipe for that yummy pudding stuff!!!

Unknown said...

pudding for grandparents...did teh Alaska grandparents come down finally?

Lisa said...

I love that you're blogging more! =P

sdcwaddell said...

I am proud of you for chucking your To Do List. Not an easy thing for us Type A people. I feel inspired!