Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Joke

For those of you who’ve spent any amount of time around Jeff, you know that he loves to talk, and tell stories...among other things. And that he has all of these random facts in his head, most of which you never know are true or not (For the record, Jeff is brilliant, he just likes to mess with people). He also loves to make-up jokes. Occasionally they are hilarious, with the emphasis being on occasionally. So for your reading pleasure this Wednesday morning, I present you with his latest.

Set-up: “Did you hear the news? Scientists just found life on Mars…2 alien embryos tucked away in some remote cavern.”

Punchline: “Wait, what am I thinking, I forgot embryos aren’t considered actual life forms.”

And hence our follow-up conversation last night.

Jeff “Soooo, what do you think.”

Courtney “Ummmm….okay……that was not the least bit funny. And it's way too complicated for a joke.”

Jeff “It was HILARIOUS!! You just have to be liberal minded.”

Courtney “Liberals don’t like jokes that make fun of them. And it’s still not funny.”

Jeff “I promise this is hysterical. Are you sure you got it? Do you want me to tell it again.”

Courtney “No, I’m pretty sure I got it. And it’s still not funny.”

Jeff “I know this is a funny one, you just don’t appreciate it. I need to tell some other people.”

Courtney “Be my guest, but I’m pretty sure they won’t think it’s funny either.”

At this point we're both in hysterics, and it's brought to my attention that I'm a mean wife for laughing at him and not his joke. So sorry dear.

Oh how I love my husband!!

2 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Ummm...I can hear the awkward silence, now. Verdict: Not funny. Ya'll, on the other hand, crack me up!

Lisa said...

Not funny. But I suppose he wins, as the end result was laughter. =)