Monday, December 7, 2009

All Worth It

For any of my pre-children/pregnant friends I might have scared with my previous post, here's one to show you that it's all worth it in the end.

My nephew, Marshal Jude Boatman, was born last night after 12 hours of labor, which included 2 hours of pushing. Apparently he heard the word C-Section and decided he'd save them the trouble, finally making his appearance around 10pm. He weighed in at 7lbs11oz and is as cute as a button, even with his little conehead (they really had to use the vaccuum/suction machine to get him out). We already know one thing about the little guy - he likes to take his time. Despite family history (my mom delivered all 3 of us 2 weeks early), he waited until his exact due date to arrive, then another 12 hours after mom's water broke to make his grand appearance.















Epidurals are GREAT Lana says!!















Proud pappa and his support















Beautiful, beautiful boy















Family shot - terrible picture of Paige, but the only one I had. Keep in mind it was close to 11pm by this time.















Proud Big Sister

My sister had a great attitude about everything...pregnancy, labor and delivery. I'm so proud of her!! She's leaving me some big shoes to fill in about 7 months.

Here are a few shots from earlier this month. This is a picture of all the Smith kids and grandkids at Jeff's grandfather's funeral. Amy and Eric are the couple to the left, and 6 of the 7 kids pictured belong to them- from oldest to youngest: David, Katherine, Deborah and Ellen (twins), Benjamin and Issac. Justin and Sarah are to our right, and they have the little girl in the hat, Cheyenne, and are expecting another one just 2 weeks before us. Fun times! We can't wait to see everyone again at christmas!















This is what we woke up to Saturday morning















Up the street















Our little "Circle"

















Maybe we won't just be dreaming of a White Christmas this year!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations to Lana and her husband. Marshal is a cute little guy! I was such a proud aunt when my (little/younger) sister delivered my niece and I remember feeling a little odd that she was having a baby before me, but she ended up being such a great support and resource for me during my first pregnancy. And it's fun having cousins so close in age, too! Are you going to find out what you're having?

Lisa said...

Congrats to your sister!

Natalie thinks Christmas comes when the snow does and vice versa. She's in for a big surprise, huh?

JABraley said...

Tell Lana I said Congratulations!!!

Lisa said...

It's funny to me that after growing up in Alaska you take the time to take pictures of a half an inch of snow on your house.