Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Next Week

In approximately 2 days and 18 hours we will be on an airplane headed here for an entire week. Words cannot come even close to expressing how unbelievably excited I am about this trip, so we'll suffice it to say I am really, really excited.

If you need me next week, my apologies. I'll either be on the beach or at the pool eating popsicles, reading books, playing in the ocean and having an all-around fabulous time. I don't mean to rub it in but hey, these types of trips don't happen very often. In our case, never. And we wouldn't be going on this one were it not for the generosity of some of our very awesome friends, who we can't wait to hang out with next week. Like I always say - Good Friends + Good Food = Good Times!! It doesn't get any better than that.

So please pray for safe travels and lots of sunshine. We're all flying into Miami and driving to Key West. I tried to talk Mr. Big Jeff into driving, but he heard 18 hours one way and quickly vetoed that idea. So flying we are, which is ok with me. Flying = more skymiles, which = more trips later on.

We also have an awesome couple from our SS class house sitting for us while we're away. The only problem with this set-up is it means I really have to clean up before we leave. I always try to clean things up before a trip, but I find myself dragging my feet knowing that I have to clean this time. And do you think I've started packing yet - of course not. In fact I haven't even thought about it yet, except to think about the fact that I haven't thought about it, and then just to put it off another day. I did put together a menu and grocery list this morning, since we'll be cooking most of our meals in - and dining on the upper deck with a panoramic view of Key West I might add. Gotta hate that.

So Aloha for now friends (that means hello and goodbye in Hawaiian). Catch ya in a few!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

AMAZING!! I hope you have a fantastically relaxing time! What books will you be reading?

Alaskiana said...

A trip to the library is on my to-do list. Any recommendations? I really have no idea at this point.

rebeccavalentine said...

Have fun! Wish I was going too!

JABraley said...

Have a GREAT trip! Make sure to walk around the lower end of Duval Street - it's where all the art galleries are and there is a little shop called Conch Country where the owners are two retirees who carve some of their own Christmas decorations (I bought one of his Pirate Snowmen) and talk about how much they hate Obama...it was a highlight :)

The McVickers said...

Have so much fun and take lots of pictures for the blog! It's been a while since we've been to Key West, but I remember sunsets at Mallory Square were fun and anything/everything made with conch was DELICIOUS!!