Monday, May 26, 2008

My Coworkers are the BEST

So Wednesday was my birthday, and although it is my tendency to downplay the day, my coworkers had another plan in mind.

This is what I walked into Wednesday morning....minus a few items I had to remove in order to get to my computer.




I also had 6 bags of these puppies waiting for me - my favorite chips in the world!



And my favorite - the eggplant sign on the water cooler (love you Lynzee!!)



On top of that, I got treated to lunch and had 3 desserts distributed in my honor that afternoon. What a special day - thanks to all of my wonderful coworkers. I am truly blessed to work with such lovely people.

I celebrated with my family last weekend when I was in MS. They had a surprise ice cream cake for me that was actually just a regular cake from the freezer section, but that frozen butter cream icing was just as good to me. Unfortunately it wasn't really a surprise cake, because I overheard my niece Paige squealing about it when my mom let her in on the surprise, but when Paige brought it out and expectantly asked "Were you surprised...you didn't know did you?" I just had to lie and say "I most certainly was surprised!" I mean who can really disappoint a darling 8 year old - not me!

Today we're recovering today from a weekend with my parents finishing up the porch. And this time it is really almost finished - seriously - I'll post pictures soon. My dad is amazing - he worked for 3.5 days straight and just about knocked it out. Tonight we sat out there for an hour, swinging, with the lights turned low, with not a mosquito to be found. I love it!! We also enjoyed brunch with our friend Karen and her friend Kevin today, and a laid back pizza dinner with Brian and Gina across the road this evening. What a great way to end the holiday weekend.

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend!

6 comments:

Suzanna said...

Happy Birthday, Courtney! Sorry I'm just now sending you wishes...we're out of town, and I've been crazy busy back at work. Life goes back to normal later this week, though, so let's plan to get together and celebrate next week!

Brooke said...

Happy late birthday!!! Hope all is fabulous and well!

Brooke J.

Brooke said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday, I was thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip to Mississippi - call me soon to fill me in on all the updates! Can't wait for our "date" next week :)

Brooke said...

We arrive in Orlando the evening of June 26th and leave July 2nd. It would be so cool if you guys could make the trip for a day or two! Rick would LOVE to have someone to go on a few rides with since I won't be able to go on any of the fun rides and of course I would LOVE to see you and catch up too!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was your birthday...some cousin-in-law I am. Glad to hear it was a good one.

Also glad to hear you've gotten past your pekid and puffy stage!! Or maybe it is just the hair (which is SUPER CUTE).

Please give Jeff a hug for me...hope to see you both soon.