Friday, February 5, 2010

Baby Bump - 18.5 Weeks

Everyone has been asking whether or not I'm "showing" yet, so I figured I'd post a picture..albeit a really terrible one. I do have a little bump, but mainly just feel like I've put a few lbs here and there all over. That is unfortunately how my body distributes weight, and pregnancy doesn't seem to have altered that much. It looks like a cute little bump in this picture, but in my bare belly shot, which I opted not to post this week, it really looks more like a beer gut. Because I have such a long torso, I'm afraid it's going to take quite some time for my stomach to round out nicely under my ribcage.



















I can pretty much guarantee that all of those extra 11lbs have come from all of the soda I've been drinking lately because eating is still uncomfortable for me at this point. I no longer have the nausea to contend with, now it's just an achiness that sets in right after I eat a meal. I was annoyed to find out yesterday that Barq's root beer, which has been my drink of choice the past several weeks, does in fact have caffeine in it. I realize some caffeine is okay during pregnancy, but I've had no cravings or desire for it since week 6, so figured I'd play it safe and avoid it completely. That being said, it bugs me to no end that I've been unknowingly consuming it daily for weeks now.



















This is a gratuitous shot of the amaryllis my dad got me for christmas. Somehow I managed to coax it from a bulb into a beautiful flower.















I had to post this picture of our new bedroom digs. You see last weekend my wonderful husband went shopping with me for a new duvet set. The older I get the less I enjoy shopping, so these trips are few and far between. But I guess I'm going through the nesting phase right now and wanting our house completely put together in order, thus the trip out. Long story made short, after 5 hours visiting 5 different stores and making multiple trips back to the house to try out potentials, we ended up sticking with our current bedding set and just adding the grey quilt, grey pillows and curtains. I'm not one to spend extra $$ when I can make what we have work. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look to the room, even though it's kind of roughly thrown together in this picture. The curtains add the perfect flair to me, and also darken the room nicely in the mornings. Eventually we plan to sell our armoire, which is currently just serving as a tv holder/dust collector, and will use the extra space for a glider. I've always wanted a sitting area in the master bedroom, and although our room isn't big enough for much, with the armoire gone we can at least squeeze in a chair.

That's all for now, friends! Looking forward to the weekend and sleeping in a bit!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your bump is cute! (your boobs are great, aren't you enjoying them!?) One day, I imagine you'll wake up to find you've developed a real bump overnight.

I knew a girl who was choosing to drink Sunkist Orange so as to avoid the caffeine only to find out it had more in it that Coke.

Natalie's 4th birthday is tomorrow. Wish you were here for her party!

More Than Words said...

way to go sis-thanks for the picture :) i had to look through my posts to find when i was twenty weeks-it was in july. lol. i am so excited about having a niece or nephew in less than twenty weeks :)

Brooke said...

Courtney, you just look so beautiful! I hope you are enjoying being preggo! :)

Lisa said...

so, you tell josh the gender before me? so not fair! and YAY!!!