Monday, September 1, 2008

We're Here

But we don't have Internet at my parents, so this will be a short post. We also have misplaced our camera, so no pictures.

We ended up heading to MS a day later than intended, but it worked out perfectly because we got to sign the contract on the house as we were pulling out. It took us a little over 7.5 hours to get here - we had to stop several times to check on/resecure the load on the truck. I wish I'd had my camera - we started the trip with the entire back end covered in visquine - in case it rained, but by the time we pulled in there were literally just shreds hanging off. It was pretty funny looking, but since it didn't rain it didn't really matter.

Both Allie and Bailey made the trip like champs. I was really amazed at Bailey - he didn't make a peep the entire trip. I gave him a sedative from the vet, but everytime I checked on him he was awake. I guess he was just really happy we didn't leave him behind.

My parents made the room over the garage very cozy for us, but we're definitely looking forward to getting into our own place once our house in ATL sells.

Please say a prayer for us, as we both start our new jobs tomorrow. The nice thing is we'll both be working downtown, so we may get to carpool some.

That's all for now! And it's pretty nasty outside right now due to Gustavo, but not as bad as we'd anticipated. I don't think the wind gusts have bene over 25mph thus far.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

when shall we do lunch?

Angel said...

Glad you arrived safely! We will be thinking/praying...and if we don't have a newborn by then, we will definitely try and make it out to your "moving party". Ryan and I know that the more help, the better/easier! We'll chat soon...

Whitlamy said...

Thinking of you today and already miss you!! Keep us posted about the moving party.

Brooke said...

I'm glad to hear the trip went well and I hope your first day at work went even better!

Joshua C said...

I have your camera. It said that it couldn't bear the though of leaving Atlanta and it wished you well. I was instructed to tell you to buy a new camera when you go into contract on a new house.

Suzanna said...

hahaha--funny, josh. yeah, i meant to tell you that you didn't leave your camera at our house. i had totally forgotten about that message you left until just now. sorry! glad the cauthens have your camera, though!

can't wait for the packing party...let us know the date as soon as you know so we can make sure to be there!

Joshua C said...

Ooh a packing party?

I'll be there to sit in the cul de sac and heckle people.