Thursday, September 11, 2008

I still can't believe....

Our house appraised for at least 249,900 and we're going to close end of this month. I've said all along that God's had His hand in this move, and the news we received on the appraisal today proves my point. The appraiser can't tell us what the exact value came back as, but my agent spoke to him and he said we have nothing to worry about, and that he went ahead and sent everything to the bank. The comps in our area are pretty low, I'm talking 230's even, so I was shocked we got all that we did. Did I mention before that I can't believe it appraised! I've been on pins and needles since the appraisal Monday. Last week was the inspection, but I guess the guy was okay with everything because we haven't heard any fallout from that.

I'm writing from work, so have to make this brief, but this is our official notice that we will be coming into town next weekend (20 and 21), so if anyone is available to help us move we'd be greatly obliged. I'll send out an evite tomorrow to get a headcount - we'll have food and hopefully make it as fun as packing can be. We will be pulling in late Friday night, and will probably spend most of Sat. morning/early afternoon boxing up stuff, then moving all the furniture later that afternoon when it cools off a bit. I hope we can get most everything out Saturday so we can clean and patch walls Sunday before we leave.

Thanks for all of your prayers, love and support during this crazy, chaotic time. You guys are amazing!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Isn't God amazing! I'm so happy for you both that the house sold so quickly. Best of luck with moving the rest of your stuff and I hope your new jobs are working out well too!

JABraley said...

Congrats! I'm so happy this has worked out for you guys! Your house is great so I'm not surprised at all that it's worth at least that :) Count us in to help as much as possible on Saturday. Might be hard with Madeline but we'll figure it out!

shastakay said...

Hey!

Long time no talk. I know you are super swamped but wanted to say YEAH congrats! I am so excited that everything worked out swimmingly. Call me when you get settled and have a minute to chat. Miss you! Shasta

Angel said...

so, i'm just checking out your blog. i've been on my own pins and needles these days waiting on this baby. i'm 2cm and 50% effaced and still experiencing heavy contractions. they are not close enough together to send me into Northside (and frankly I'd rather labor at home). If only my water would break...then the waiting game would be over!

i hope the move went well. i'm sorry that we missed the weekend you were here. i wouldn't have been much help anyway i suppose. but it would have been nice to see you again!

i am so glad/happy/relieved how everything is coming together for y'all. please keep us posted, and we will let y'all know as soon as Sadie makes her debut.