Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Past 2 Months




















































































































I believe this is the longest I've gone without blogging since I started this thing. Several reasons for that, but the main one is that it takes FOREVER to load and format pictures on blogger now. I don't know what they did, but I dread posting pictures because of it. So for the two people that actually read this thing, I'm sorry. But I honestly don't know how much longer I'll keep it up regardless. Time is precious these days. (I typed this paragraph before I loaded my pictures, and I will have to say it was better this time. Maybe they fixed it...)


So what's been going on in our lives over the past three months you ask? Here's a summary.


1. We've been on two unsuccessful dates this year so far - the first ended with Jeff puking from the stomach flu (and me later that weekend) and the 2nd ended with him puking in the Emergency Room from a kidney stone. I have NEVER seen my husband in that much pain, nor do I want to again. I brought him to my hospital because I know people there, but was regretting that decision after he walked in cursing like a sailor and stumbling around like a drug addict. Thankfully they understood the situation:) Needless to say, we haven't been on a "real" date since (although we've had plenty of fun!)!



2. I finally got a smartphone, though only out of necessity. I lost my older phone in a hurricaine force toilet at the hospital. It fell out of my pocket as the toilet was flushing and dissapeared before I knew what had happened. I had no loyalty the the phone, but it had so many cute pictures of Emery on it that I hated losing. Plus getting all my numbers again - no fun. If you haven't heard from me in awhile, I probably still don't have your number re-entered, so send me a text if you have a chance.


3. We took a long weekend trip to Atlanta to visit our peeps in March. It was a great visit - just went by too fast. Emery was a trooper, especially considering her eyes were swollen shut most of the time from allergies.


4. We are tackling another screen porch project (I know, when will we learn??). We do have a deadline on this porch - three weeks to be exact. I'm trying to be optimistic, but we'll see. It's turned into a much bigger project than we anticipated (fancy that). Let's just say it took 100+ 80lb bags of concrete to pour the pad. Once again, our porch will be the safest room in the house in the event of a hurricaine. The picture above is when we were pouring the pad. And yes, I did help with the first 30 bags or so even though I could hardly pick them up. When we started, Jeff was telling me not to pick them up at all. But by bag 15, he changed his tune to "well do you think you can at least get it in the wheelbarrow?" He was BEAT. Thank goodness for my brother showing up, or I don't know what we would have done. CL was throwing those bags around like they were pillows!


5. We are going to Hawaii end of June with Shasta, Creighton and Baby Caleb. I am so excited, but absolutly dreading the plane ride with a one year old. Any airplane tips from fellow mommy's?


6. And finally, sweet Emery. LOVE her and cannot believe she is already 10.5 months old. She is crawling full force these days, and babbling up a storm. She goes to bed early and likes to get up early too (although I refuse to get her out of bed until 7am). She says a few words - dog, dada - no mama yet. She can wave, clap her hands and dance. She loves people, just like her daddy, and pretty much eats anything these days. She gets gassy easily though, so I still have to give her gas drops almost everyday. We went swimming for the first time last week. The water was FREEZING! She didn't cry, but had me in a vise grip the whole time. She still just has 4 teeth (although I think she's working on another one) and very little hair save her curl on the top of her head. But she is just perfect to us!


Okay that's all for now. Pictures above are from late April/Easter, the porch and our trip to Atlanta.

3 comments:

Michelle McArdle said...

Hey Court! So good to see how things are going for your family!! Emery is such a beautiful baby...I love those big blue eyes! Glad ya'll are doing well and I enjoyed your update!

Amy said...

Wanna know what's hilarious? I kept looking at the photo with Caroline thinking, "Ahh, the Trices went to visit. And, man that guy in the orange looks a lot like Dawson." It honestly took me a few seconds to realize that WAS Dawson when y'all came to visit in Atlanta. I like hearing what y'all are up to. We're due a visit. Maybe we can head over there at some point--once we get settled and I get back from Haiti. We move in this weekend to our new house.

chic Gucci shirts said...

good!