Thursday, January 13, 2011

Holidays 2010

My favorite time of year has come and gone yet again. As eager as I was to get the tree up this year, I was equally as eager to get it down the day after we returned from our holiday trip to LA.

We've had way too much going on the past few months to catch up with, so I'll try to hit the high points.

Emery attended her first NBA game in New Orleans in December, thanks to Uncle Creighton. Ironic that we now have the ultimate sports hook-up at our fingertips, and neither Jeff nor I care a lick about sports. However, I will have to say watching the game from the VIP suite was awesome. Admittedly I didn't watch much of the game, but I certainly enjoyed all of the free food. And Creighton moved Jeff and my grandfather courtside for the last half of the game, which was awesome for them.

Christmas was lovely. Everyone kept asking us if we were so excited about Emery's first Christmas. Well I love Christmas, but she had no idea what was going on. We enjoyed her on Christmas as much as we do every other day, and tried to keep her from eating too much wrapping paper. We kept it pretty low key for her present wise, since we knew she would get a lot from the families.

Christmas day night we drove to LA for a week with Jeff's family, and it was probably one of the best visits we've had there. Emery was a doll, aside from crying out several times a night and waking up mom. Thankfully we didn't continue the trend once we arrived back home.

During the month of December, my grandparents from Atlanta sold their house and bought a new one in MS. They've been in Atlanta thirty something years, and are now here with us. I know they miss their house and friends in Atlanta, but we are sure happy to have them here!!

Jeff hit the new year running with his new job, and I've been busy making up all the hours I took off for the holiday. I'm looking forward to vegging with my girl this weekend, after we get through hosting family night tonight. Baby girl is growing like a weed. We recently started solids, which I'm not too sure about because I swear she sleeps worse on nights she gets food. So far she's had cereal, squash, steamed carrots and a mashed banana. She loves everything so far, but I think the squash gave her a little rash on her cheeks. We went through a three or four night earlier this week where she had a hard time going down at night (which she never does) and woke up 2-3 times a night. She could be teething, but it seemed more like she was uncomfortable with her stomach. The child also pees like nothing I've ever seen, and since she is a stomach sleeper fills up her diaper by midnight. We're still trying to figure that one out, because I think that was one reason she was waking up. The good news is she has been taking longer naps - although I had to break down and swaddle her again to get her to do so. If I don't she just rolls around the crib and plays - I've watched her on the monitor for 45 minutes before. She's been sleeping between 12-13 hours a night, with a feed in there sometime between 5-6am. That works for me right now because I get to see her before I go to work. Right now daddy is in charge of morning duty - he gets her up, fed, dressed and to daycare. Emery LOVES her daddy - it is so cute to watch them together. She is still such a joy, and we feel so blessed to have her in our lives. What a gift!

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and happy new year!!
















No comments: