Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby Love












































Jeff's mom has been here to help out this week, and she brought her computer with her, so I am squeezing in one more post before we are pcless once again.


Still loving being a mom. That's not to say we haven't had our challenges...learning to read and understand Emery Claire's cues and signals is a slow process. She really only cries when she is hungry, tired or gassy, but thus far the only cry I can distinguish for certain is her hungry cry. It's still a big guessing game with the others at this point, and as I'm sure most parents can relate, it is agonizing for me to sit and listen to her cry.


We took our little sailor on her inaugural boat ride this week. You can see in the pictures above that her lifevest was a tad bit too big, and I was laughing so hard at her I could hardly stand up. She was a good sport about it all though, hardly fussed at all, and ended up passing out in Mama Li's lap once we got underway.


Nursing is going okay, but it is still excruciating everytime she latches on. Her latch is not great, but she seems to be getting enough to eat, so we'll just keep working on it for now. I'm hoping once her little mouth gets a little bigger it will solve most of our problems.


We went on our first post baby date last night. I had a hard time finding something to wear - I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe now! My stomach is still not back down yet, but it's my hips I am most worried about. I can't even get close to buttoning my pre-pregnancy pants. When I had a huge stomach, it wasn't as obvious that I'd grown in other areas. Now it's plain and clear. I told Jeff last night that I felt self conscious out without the baby. At least when she's with us, people see her and think oh she just had a baby. Without her I just look pudgy. I have not weighed myself since I had her, but I think my total pregnancy weight gain was 43lbs.


I think Jeff is enjoying this time as much as I am. It's so cute to watch him interact with her - he is such a good daddy already. It melts my heart to see them together!


Hope everyone is doing well!


15 comments:

Brooke said...

You look absolutely beautiful... but I know hearing that over and over from everyone on the planet won't change how you feel- I've been there! THE hardest time for me post-birth was when I was alone in the bathroom and taking a shower, because I couldn't stand seeing myself in the mirror. I'd go into the bathroom a normal person, and come back out 30 minutes later a total basket case/emotional wreck! Rick was baffled... poor guy. :(

Emery is just adorable, and I hope you are able to cherish as much staring time as possible. I miss those days so much!

Also, could you email me your address?? I have a little card for you guys and I can't seem to find your MS address anywhere. You can email it to: brookethames@gmail.com Thanks!

Amy said...

Love the life jacket and talking to you today. I remember reading this post after I had my babes and it giving me some comfort that I wasn't alone:

http://jeremiahabbyandpace.blogspot.com/2006/12/it-aint-over-after-9-months.html

By the way, I LOVE their blog!

Brooke said...

She's so cute, Court! :D

HappyascanB said...

LOVE the pictures! She is just precious! Hang in there with the nursing; I called the lactation nurse a few times and even went back to the hospital to meet with her for latch-coaching, if you will. I just did get this book, The Nursing Mother's Companion, that was recommended to me. It goes by age and mentions various problems you may run into and solutions. I just received it today, so I haven't looked at it too closely, but I imagine it'll be a very helpful book. Just thought I'd share that . . . She is soooo precious! I know y'all are loving life with her!

shastakay said...

Hey there! She is beautiful and so are you! I am just planning on never being the same, hips and all. Gives us an excuse to go shopping, even though I know how much you hate it.
Looks like I am moving week of 8/20. My last day at work will be 8/18 and we are moving to Slidell which I am told is 10 min from Hattisburg.

Sandy P said...

I remember very well with one of my first 2 kids that it took about 6 weeks to really feel like we had nursing together. Hang in there, she will get it right and it will not hurt.
I hope little Emery will stay so sweet for you! They are such a precious gift. (In a couple weeks if she is crying a bunch don't worry! Ellie is our easiest baby and she went through a couple of weeks around her 6th week where I was the only one who could keep her from crying. Thankfully it did not last long.)
I hope you can get PC access so we can keep up with how you are doing.

Robbie..your cousin in TX said...

Congratulations, cousins!! I'm SO happy for you. Emery Claire is simply BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait to meet her in person :-)

Lisa said...

You will never be the same as you were because you will never be who you were before Emery Claire. So you won't feel the same, you won't think the same, and you won't be the same shape. But don't buy a whole new wardrobe just yet. Remember it takes 9 months to gain it, and can easily take 9 months to lose it. =)

LOVE her bows!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your precious Emery Claire and welcome to motherhood!! It is the most wonderful gift. I agree with all the others- hang in there with the nursing- it took me a good 6 weeks with both of mine to really get it right. If you need more encouragement, give me a call!!! Hope you all are doing well and you both are beautiful!

Joshua C said...

Hey don't forget to let Dad hold the baby.
Also, you can go into the comments and delete the one from the spammer above me.

Justin and Lisa Holcomb said...

she is just precious! i so wish we could get all our little ones together to meet! isn't being a mommy one of God's most precious gifts? it's the greatest and the most challenging for sure! congrats on your sweet baby girl!

Nathan Bogue said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Angelina said...

she's just so precious! i love your labor story. YOU GO GIRL! it takes all of our strength to deliver our children. congratulations on a successful delivery and healthy, happy baby girl.

cute little life jacket, too. i didn't realize they made them so tiny. ;)

blessings to you~

Anonymous said...

veo este blog un poco extraño y raro

Anne said...

this bloger is perfect,you can took for your family in INTERNET