Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweet Summer

Although we’ve weathered some devastating losses, overall our summer has been one to remember. A few highlights..warning lots of pictures.

My sister is pregnant with her first baby, Marshal, due in December. You can see pictures of her expanding waistline here: http://charlieslittleangel.blogspot.com/

Visits from our Atlanta friends

The Whitlarks




Suzanna, Julie, Mike, Madeline and Caroline


A visit from my cousin, albeit under sad circumstances

My good friend/fellow debate team member/roommate after college Lauren Lee married her high school sweetheart.

The maids


Beautiful, beautiful Bride

Many fun days/evenings on the boat



Amy and Eric welcomed their 6th child, Isaac. Here they are at Mawmaw's memorial, just a week before Amy delivered.



An unexpected, but nice, trip to DeRidder.



Casey, Landon and Carter

Heather and Tate

David, Casey and Landon

I can't post about LA without a gratuitous farm shot. Here's Pop trying to get the hay in the barn before it rained. He absolutely could not have done it without me snapping pictures from the sideline.




Jordan (my flower girl) and Fiona

Establishment of the Bridgepointe Supper Club


The Lighthouse Lane Ladies (minus Dana). And no, we did not coordinate our outfits. This is not the stepford wife club or desperate housewives of Mississippi, sorry. We just all have really good taste:)


The Gents (Minus Brad and Hank)

Getting a little crazy in here!

A lovely visit from Jeff's family



Finally talked Uncle Matt and Aunt Mary Sue into visiting


Heather and Jeff beating the heat


Mom and Pop (I love it when Dads flip their hats)

Enjoying a steak dinner "Smith" style

(Love you Heather!!)

Good times with Neighbor Friends



Jeff finished the dining room table AND the entertainment center, and they both look AWESOME!


Remember this?



Redneck no more!






I found curtains for the front windows AND a rug for the entry way. This would not be a big deal for most people, but for someone as picky as me, who has a hard time making up her mind, it’s monumental. Over the past 3 months I’ve purchased, tried out and returned no fewer than 25 rugs for the entryway and have been scouting out curtains online and at local stores for months. So, if anyone else out there is looking for curtains in the Jackson area, let me know. I can probably hook you up!


I found brand new bikes on Craigslist for $50 each. The husband of the lady we bought them from didn’t like the way they looked (they are vintage PINK and BLUE beach cruisers), thus the sale. I LOVE , LOVE, LOVE them, and for $50 Jeff says he’ll get over the embarrassment of riding a blue beach cruiser:)



And to end, the photo of the day.


What does it mean, you ask? Maybe it's a snapshot of my current mental state, or perhaps my frustrations with society, the government, and where it's all headed.



Or maybe it's just a picture of me crawling out of the back of Jeff's parent's car, broom in hand, ready to clean the world (or beat anyone that gets in my way).


Just keeping it real here, friends!

3 comments:

farmer john said...

how lovely is is in la la land!!

is it real? can you replicate? do you ever see changing llanes?

headed to emerg room. church fellow deacon Charlie suffered a massive seizure this am. he is fellow that had brain surgery in August. Pray for him.

farmer john

Brooke said...

What fun pictures! And how exciting that your sister is pregnant!

Tell Jeff he did an amazing job on the table and entertainment center- I'm really impressed!

Still keeping my eyes open for a Jackson overnight- we don't seem to have many in Oakland. It would be so fun to catch up, it's been way too long!

Lauren said...

Hi Courtney! I linked to your blog from the comment you left on mine. I wanted to thank you for the suggestion for how to wake up on time. I actually got up this morning and drank a cup of coffee (not normal for me at all) while watching Fox & Friends. It was awesome! I haven't watched TV in the morning in a LONG time. (We don't have a TV in our bedroom.) I forgot how much I missed my Fox & Friends! I definitely plan to try my new routine tomorrow morning as well!

Oh--and I wanted to comment on your table. It's freekin' awesome! And I love the overall look of your dining room. Very nice! We could be home decor shopping buddies (from afar)!