Thursday, April 16, 2009

Did you know

That this



plus this




equals this





and possibly this




Or so my husband figured out last night while I was out running errands. He decided to boil some eggs, but wasn't quite sure they were done, so figured he'd nuke them a minute just to make sure. After wandering from the kitchen to the tv, he heard what sounded like an explosion in the kitchen. He ran back to the microwave, where one egg had already exploded, and opened the door just in time to get popped by the second egg bomb, which after grazing him flew all the way across the kitchen (about 13 feet) and landed under the kitchen table, spraying egg mess EVERYWHERE.

So a kitchen full of egg shrapnel is what I came home to last night, since Jeff was kind enough to leave everything "as is" so I could fully appreciate the situation - and get a picture for the blog. As a sidenote - I'm sensing the blog could turn into something dangerous once we have kids. I can hear it now...Mom I'm sorry I blew up your favorite xyz...but don't you want to take a picture of it for the blog??

So then, after cleaning up egg mess for 45 minutes (Allie and Scout really enjoyed it - they NEVER get people food), what did my brilliant husband do? My brilliant, genius husband with 2 degrees, probably a 180 IQ who spends his days giving business owners and individuals advice and guidance on how to manage their money.........



Yep, you guessed it, he did it again. Because surely it won't blow up a second time, as long as we crack the shell before heating it up. And mind you this is all happening despite my VEHEMENT objections.

So first lesson learned - don't microwave eggs - cracked shell or not. And second lesson learned - listen to your wife. Because for the record, I would NEVER have done this myself. Call it a cook's 6th sense or something, it's just not something I would have tried. I'll continue to boil my eggs for 15 minutes to make sure they're completely done like a normal person - thank you.

And if you visit our house in the next month or so and get a faint whiff of what smells like rotten eggs - now you know why.

8 comments:

HappyascanB said...

This just might be the funniest blog post yet! And I really can't believe he did it AGAIN!!!!! Awesome!

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness... SO funny!! I feel for you though, eggs everywhere sounds like a HUGE mess to clean up! :)

Funny stuff.

I loved your Easter weekend post too, with all the cows and country life. I'm jealous of all of your free meat!

Brooke said...

When I first saw the, "Did you know that this..." and the picture of the egg, all I could see below it was the next set of words, "plus this..." and I hadn't yet gotten to the microwave picture.

And I had a sudden fear you were announcing a pregnancy and I didn't want to scroll down because I didn't want to know what household item you would use for the male contribution.

Oops.

Lisa said...

Jeff, I think the secret to Boiled eggs is.... BOILING the eggs!


Thanks, the entertainment center, TV and several other devices were Uncle Sam's gifts to us after we let him keep too much money in taxes all year. =)

Alaskiana said...

Yes - it was quite and experience. Although I didn't help much with the actual clean-up, especially the 2nd time around, I'm sure I'll be finding egg pieces in odd places for months. But I should be able to follow the stink in a few days, so that actually might make things a little easier:)

Brooke - Hilarious! But you can rest assured I will not be announcing my pregnancy news first on the blog.

And I have no idea what "tool" I would have used either.....but I would have been scared too!

Joshua C said...

Wow, really, Jeff? Eggs in the microwave?

Oh wait. It's part of the master plan to not have to cook anymore. I've said too much.

Jo said...

Tell Jeff that there are microwave egg cookers if he insists on cooking an egg in the microwave.

Angel said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is "eggcelent"!!