Monday, November 24, 2008

Update

In the past three months...
- We packed up 5 years of marriage in Atlanta in one weekend (thanks to our amazing ATL friends) and moved to Mississippi
- Closed on our house in Atlanta (after listing for just over a month)
- Jeff was offered (and accepted) a transfer position with Wachovia
- I started my new job with UMMC
- We survived 2.5 months living in the bonus room over my parent's garage (I say this jokingly, but in all honestly can't imagine how it could have gone better than it did)
- I helped partially clean my first wild turkey
- Bailey licked even more of his fur off
- Allie has become an escape artist, along with her partner's in crime Maggie and McKinley (my mom's dogs)
- We looked at almost 60 houses in Rankin County
- Jeff now enjoys hunting (most of the time)

In the past three weeks....
- We closed on our new house in Mississippi
- Painted the 2 story dining room in the house 2x, along with most of the other rooms in the house
- Jeff decided to build our dining room table
- Have been lucky to get 6 hours of sleep each night

In the past three days....
- Painted the dining room for the 3rd (and final) time
- Moved 15 full truckloads of stuff out of storage and into the new house (thanks to the help our awesome new Sunday school class)
- Moved 2 full truckloads from my parent's house to the new house (don't ask me where we had everything stored - I have no idea)
- Have gotten much less than 6 hours of sleep each night

In the next three days
- We'll be on our way to LA to spend most of the Thanksgiving holiday with Jeff's family, and will be staying at his parent's 3BR/2BA house with a total of 20 other people. Yep, you heard me right, 20 people, 10 of which are under the age of 5. I don't think I can even imagine having that many people in my house for more than a few hours, and we'll be there for 3 days.
- Probably won't be getting much sleep again

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but we still don't have a computer of our own. Plus we've been so busy the past three weeks I'm not sure I'd have had time to write anyway - although I try to get on and check everyone else's blogs at least once a week.

Although we're physically exhausted right now, we love our new house and neighborhood and feel tremendously blessed to have had the love and support of many old and new friends and our families during this crazy transition. We couldn't have done it without you guys!

I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

8 comments:

Whitlamy said...

So glad for this update. I've been wondering how ya'll have been. I can't wait to see the house and the table!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hate we'll miss you as we'll be in Bham this weekend.

Jennifer said...

Hey Courtney! Where did ya'll decide to buy? We are in Flowood off Old Fannin. Hopefully we can catch up before we move next summer! I know you will be glad to get settled. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Heather said...

Hey Chickadee! Mom said that you and Jeff can crash in Josh's room if you want. A little haven away from the kiddos. Can't wait to see you two!

Suzanna said...

Congratulations on the new house!

Let's talk and catch up soon (once things settle down for you)!

Enjoy the Thanksgiving chaos!

Alison said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. Congratulations on the new house! It sounds like you're settling in good. I hope y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and a great Christmas!

Brooke said...

I was so happy to finally get an update! I'm glad to hear you guys have been doing well and surviving such a busy season in your lives! I look forward to seeing pictures of all the fun times- especially pics of the new house!

Suzanna said...

Let's see that new house, please! Also, I am impressed (but not surprised) at how quickly you guys have made friends and made a home.

You have your dates for ATL yet? VERY excited about that!

Lisa said...

Missed you at the Shepherd Christmas party!
BTW, I want another update and some pics from you for Christmas.
Hope all is well and yours is a very merry one!